Green Gables was built in 1896 by William and Nora Wells. They brought culture, education and industry to the area, building the first auditorium, high school and library. The home is now operated as a living history museum, education and community center and is on the National Registry of Historic Homes. Their mission is to preserve and restore the historical landmark and surrounding green space. Weekly tours and teas, fun monthly events, an outstanding education program, a venue for weddings and parties and a center for community engagement, are the trademarks of Green Gables.