SIGN UP NOW: help w/ "Melbourne Main Street Events"
Be the first to hear!
...about our events! Like: The Fall Festival • Friday Fests • Holiday Nights Candlelight Shopping, and so much more!
Melbourne Main Street Fall Festival Event Information
Melbourne Main Street, with support from the City of Melbourne, presents this juried art celebration, and expansion of the Masters of Art Festival of years prior.
Not to be confused with the springtime Melbourne Art Festival (different entity, same location), the Melbourne Main Street Fall Festival, Sept.23rd - Sept. 25th includes live music, food, wine, beverages, vendors, and entertainment for families, young adults, professionals, and retirees.
Historic Downtown Melbourne features quaint tree-lined streets and an assortment of unique retail shops, art galleries, antique stores, and fine restaurants. Downtown Melbourne has become the entertainment destination for Brevard County residents, bringing people from neighboring Indian River and Orange Counties. Attendance at the event is expected to exceed 30,000.
RULES, ELIGIBILITY, AND EXHIBIT SPACE:
1. JURIED ART SHOW & JURIED CRAFT SHOW: Artist and crafter creativity, innovation, artistic skill, and professionalism are key criteria in jury process. To be eligible for the juried art & craft shows, all works must be original, created, and to be sold directly by the artist/crafter. Commercial items, "buy/sell" or work from kits are prohibited in both the juried art & craft show. The juried art show & juried craft show will be in separate sections of the festival.
2. CATEGORIES: Creativity, mediums, and techniques often create an overlap in fine art categories and difficulty in differentiating artwork as fine art or fine craft. Jury committee reserves the right to change categories if it seems appropriate. If you have any questions about what category of artwork to enter your application into or whether your art can be considered for the art show or craft show you are welcome to submit a preview by email for feedback.
3. AWARDS & PATRON PROGRAM: There will be a minimum of $3,500 in prize monies awarded at the show. Festival Patrons will have vouchers good for purchases from the juried art & juried craft show.
4. EXHIBIT SPACE: Each artist is expected to supply their own tent and display units, to fit into 10'x10' perimeter. Electricity is not provided. All booths are outdoors, subject to the vagaries of Florida weather. There are a limited number of double sized 10'x20' booths. Premium corner/ end-booths are available on a first-come, first served basis.
5. BOOTH FEES: $195 for 10x10' Booth or $245 for 10x10' Premium Booth (End or Corner Booths). Booth fees are non- refundable.
6. DISPLAY GUIDELINES: Work displayed at the show must be consistent with images submitted in application. Original artwork must be the focal point of the exhibit booth, although sales of reproductions are permitted. Keep in mind only original art and craft pieces will be eligible for prize money. The event committee has the right to remove exhibitors that do not meet these guidelines, with no refund on exhibit fee.
7. EVENT SHOW TIMES: The Artist or Crafter must be present (excepting reasonable breaks) and keep the booth open from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm Saturday and 10:00-5:00pm Sunday. Exhibitors can check in and set-up on Friday evening or Saturday morning. Festival will provide booth sitters with notice.
8. SALES GUIDELINES: Exhibitors are responsible for processing payments on their sales and for collecting Florida Sales Tax (6%) and remittance to the State of Florida Dept. of Revenue. Tax must also be paid on space rental. No one is exempt. Artists are responsible for reporting their income to the IRS.
- Deadline for application is July 1st, 2011.
- Artist & crafter applications and $25.00 application fees will be accepted through http://www.zapplication.org
- The festival prefers artists and crafters apply through Zapplication. Applying online online at Zapplication.org is quick and easy. First register for an artist account. Then apply for the show "Melbourne Main Street Fall Festival".
- Include four images of artwork / craftwork and one booth shot. If there is no booth shot available submit another artwork image in place of the booth shot in zapplication system.
- Artists & Crafters may submit a completed print application along with a non-refundable $25 application fee payable to Melbourne Main Street, a CD with 4 art images and one booth shot if available, a stamped, self-addressed envelope for jurying notification (1 stamp only) and mailed to Melbourne Main Street, P.O. Box 754, Melbourne, FL 32902. Deadline for application: July 1st, 2011.
- If you need any help, feel free to call (321)594-2912
Acceptance notification will be sent by July 20th. Artists and crafters will be required to submit a booth fee of $195 for middle booths or $245 for premium corner/end booths. We will make every attempt to honor booth requests, but do not guarantee first choice. Once paid, booth fees are not refundable. Please do not submit booth fees with applications as all fees are non-refundable. Information about booth location, accommodations, set up and rental costs, etc. will be sent to accepted artists. An alternates list will be maintained in the event that additional space becomes available.
To learn more about the Melbourne Main Street Fall Festival, please visit our website:
Questions? Call 321-594-2912 or email MelbourneFallFestival@gmail.com